If you intend to use your document abroad then you will need to have an apostille affixed to it by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. An apostille is the official confirmation that a signature, seal or stamp on a UK public document is genuine. 

Your Notary will advise you if your document requires legalisation and if it does, he or she will offer to have it legalised in Milton Keynes by our sister service, Milton Keynes Legalisation Service;

The F.C.O. Legalisation office is not open to the public.

For some countries, particularly Middle and Far East countries your document will have to be further legalised by that country’s Embassy in the U.K. Again, Milton Keynes Legalisation Service can assist you with that.